Sunday, December 21, 2014

Like Father, Like Daughter

I've blogged more than once about my dad, our tumultuous father-daughter relationship, and forgiveness. You can read those here and here if you so choose. I don't want to go back into it again, though, especially since one of these was fairly recent. Instead, I'm just going to share some of my favorite music and honor the memory of the man. I hope you'll find something on the list that inspires in some form or fashion because all of these inspire me in one way or another.











(all Red Fang vids are fucking hilarious)































(the entire album is one long jam...so it counts as one entry)

































































I think this barely scratches the surface but it's a good representation of the different styles sounds I love. Hope you find something you enjoy... As for me, I'll be fistpumping it over here just like my dad and jacking up the volume whenever the feeling strikes. 

Thanks for letting me play dj this afternoon. It's what I love best (even more than writing). 

j

As with every Sunday's post, this is another installment of Sunday Confessions with More Than Cheese and Beer. Hope you'll tune into all the other link ups on the blog which is being hosted by Sparkly Poetic Weirdo this Sunday. And check out the Facebook page for anonymous confessions. Today's prompt was "Father."



1 comment:

  1. Music seriously touches us in places that other things cannot. It's a drug, a healing vibe, a memory, a lover....anything and everything we want and need it to be.

    Amazing choices my knowledgeable dj and I love how you did your Sunday Confession this week! 🎶

    ReplyDelete